Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What is up with the @#$%*$ weather?

In case any of you Utah folks missed the freak snow storm today I have tried to capture it for you. It has been raining on and off for the past week, which is to be expected because it's April. However, there have been a few technical issues with the weather which have made me want to curse the heavens and say, "Really? Seriously? Are you kidding me?"

I want it to dry up for a few reasons.
1. My windshield wiper on the drivers side stopped working yesterday evening in the middle of a pretty intense rainstorm during which I had to drive back to SLC from Orem at around 8:30 pm. Very dark and very wet. I was white knuckling it the whole way home. It was terrifying. When we were just outside of American Fork and Lehi there were these huge puddles and I couldn't see the road at all. I couldn't clear the windshield at all.
You can kind of see in the above picture that the driverside wiper is trying to move but it won't go past that point and it only does that very sporadically. Things you take for granted like windshield wipers in a rainstorm. I am so thankful we got home ok.
2. Our roof is leaking near the chimey above the kitchen. Water damage is never good, but it is especially frustrating not to be able to fix the problem because it won't stop raining.
3. Packing up our house has become very troublesome too. Because we have no place to put our empty boxes we have been keeping them out on the covered back porch, because of the intense and lasting rain many of them are now ruined. Boxes are valuable when you are moving! Also, I am ready to pack up the girls winter clothes, instead one day it is warm and the next it is freezing. I am making very little packing progress because of these issues.
4. Esmé and Sophia have turned into big, fat couch potatoes because it is so yucky outside. I'm completely to blame for this because they were sick, then it was spring break and now they think that television is the only possible way to pass the time. It's a sad situation. Usually, I dread the spring because of my allergies. But it is officially time for winter to end.


6 comments:

Ross and Aubrey said...

I hear you, friend! I am so sick of this Utah weather...

One day I was in capri's and the next pants and a coat. CRAZY!

Kiki said...

I am glad you made it home safely! Ryan's Lumina had a problem with the wipers too--he tried to fix it by turning it into one long wiper--but of course, that didn't work! I am also sorry to hear about the leaky roof. If it is not one thing it's another. Kansas weather is about the same. Sunny and warm one day and freezing cold with huge thunderstorms the next. Sigh.

Nourishing Creations said...

Glad I missed it, but the weather wasn't much better here...36 hours straight of downpour. Bleh! At least we're all in the clouds!

kate moss said...

wow you have turned into a blogging fool all of a sudden! Love the new posts. Great little snowmen too.

Grandmakicki said...

With Spring Break what did you ecpect? It can not be perfect weather for the childern to play outside. Cooper and Lily found worms and put them in a picture that i will no longer use for the house. The worms did not make it. The picture on the other hand did and it has a tulip and a blooming tree leaf in it now.

Nourishing Creations said...

Thanks for looking at my food blog...Where should I reply to your eating healthy pregnancy question? I can make a post on my blog for you?