Thursday, June 19, 2008

Power Ballads

Pat Benatar Sang the Power Ballads
Alex recieved alot of itunes money for father's day and he has been kind enough to indulge me on my quest to create a power ballads mix--mainly of the 80's genre. This is a carryover from my mother and from my sister, Kristen we love a good power ballad. ("Total Eclipse of the Heart," anyone?) Just the thought of a roadtrip with the power ballads playing in the background and Alex itching to change it, makes me a little giddy.

Currently, I have the following artists in mind but am open to suggestions...

Pat Benetar-"Love is a Battlefield" or "We Belong"
The Eagles-"Take it to the Limit"
REO Speedwagon-"Keep on Loving You" or "Can't Fight this Feeling"
Toto-"Rosanna"
Heart-"Alone" or "These Dreams"
Guns and Roses-"Cold November Rain" (Alex's suggestion)
Foreigner-"I Want to Know What Love Is"
Journey-"Open Arms" or "Faithfully"
Chicago-"Hard Habit to Break" or "Hard to Say, I'm Sorry"
Scorpions-"Winds of Change"
Bonnie Tyler-"Total Eclipse of the Heart"
Richard Marx-"Right Here Waiting"
Aerosmith-"Angel"
Warrant-"Heaven"
Mr. Big-"To Be With You"
Survivor-"The Search is Over"
Allanah Myles-"Black Velvet"
Just close your eyes and imagine it...

2 comments:

Kiki said...

My votes (and these will probably just keep on coming):
Toto: Rains down in Africa (come on, you know you want to)
Pointer Sisters (h-yeah!): Jump for my Love
Jefferson Starship: We Built this City

Delights, all.

Miss Megan said...

Mike and I LOVE a good power ballad. Lately it seems like all he ever wants to listen to is Queen, Aerosmith, Poison, and Guns n' Roses. I bought him a sweet "Monster Ballads" CD for Christmas last year that had some/most of these songs on it. I think my all-time favorite is probably "Total Eclipse of the Heart". Makes me think of "Bandits." Beavers and ducks! LOL. I also like Heart and Billie Idol. Yay for power ballads!