Monday, September 8, 2008

The Oregon Coast, Or A Windy, Somewhat Chilly Day At the Beach

While we were in Oregon visiting my family, we took a day trip to the coast for the girls first view of the ocean. We went to our usual spot in Bandon and stayed in our little cove away from the wind when we weren't frolicking in the waves or extreme kite-flying.

Sarah and Sophia heading down to wade in the water.

Being somewhat chilly, Esmé commandeered a huge Death Valley hoodie (it sure was warm).

Sophie and Grandma Candy chillin in our little cove away from the wind.

Esmé and Sophia thought the water was pretty cold, but Erica, Audrey, Garrett didn't. They got all the way in (something I haven't done in like 12 years).

It took Sophia a while to get used to the cold water, but she eventually got excited about running away from the waves.
Sarah enjoyed her time at the beach, although she didn't stay in the water in long as the gals. Sarah and my mom took great advantage of the windless cove and had salt water taffy and chillaxed.

Esmé went straight for the water when we arrived and never looked back.

Garrett showed the gals how to make sandcastles and climb sand dunes.

All in all a very fun day at the beach.

4 comments:

Adri said...

I just love your blog!!! I just spent the last 45 minutes looking at pictures and reading all about your family! The girls are so cute!

Miss Megan said...

I used to think that southern California had the market on fabulous beaches, but after visiting Seattle, I LOVE the pacific northwest! A bit colder, very scenic, less crowded and very inspiring. Cute pictures!

Nourishing Creations said...

I just found your blog! Apparently you'd already found ours! :) Glad I can check in to see how the Smith's are doing!

Kiki said...

Looks like a good time was had on the Oregon coast. I actually really enjoyed the coasts in Alaska--the Pacific Northwest has a totally different beach vibe than other places.